The SUNY Schenectady Foundation Scholarship Program
As part of our commitment to student access and success, the SUNY Schenectady Foundation offers scholarships to students currently or soon to be enrolled at SUNY Schenectady. Scholarships are available to prospective and current students, awarded based on an online application and essay.
The scholarship program for students is a key priority of the SUNY Schenectady Foundation. During the 2022-2023 school year, the Foundation offered 224 scholarships, totaling $341,469. Awards range from $250 to $5,000 and each goes directly toward fees and books on student accounts. Foundation scholarships are especially helpful because they are available ONLY to SUNY Schenectady students.
If you have any questions about the SUNY Schenectady Foundation Scholarship Program, please contact:
- Student Inquiries - Leanna Liuzzi at email@example.com or 518-381-1200 x1181
- Donor Inquiries - Marianne Senneca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-381-1484
The scholarship application for the 2024-2025 academic year is now open.
The scholarship application is available online at AwardSpring.
- The College uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to determine how much financial a student is eligible to receive. Some scholarships are need-based and require that the FAFSA is completed before the deadline to apply. Not all Scholarships require that a student complete the FAFSA, however. Students who cannot complete a FAFSA should still apply for scholarships. More information about the FAFSA can be found by visiting the website of our Office of Financial Aid.
- All scholarship applicants must be registered for the Fall 2024 semester to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- All scholarship recipients must submit a copy of their Fall 2024 class schedule, a picture of themselves, and a thank you note in order to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- Current Students: June 10, 2024
- New Students: July 15, 2024
Share Your Story!
Scholarship applications are reviewed by a Scholarship Committee made up of SUNY Schenectady faculty, staff, and Foundation Board members. The following questions are included to help the review committee get to know you and make their recommendations on who will receive a scholarship. Keep in mind, the length and quality of your answers will be considered. Thoroughly answering each question will give you the best chance of earning a scholarship.
- Why did you choose to enroll at SUNY Schenectady?
- Describe your goals as a student at SUNY Schenectady.
- How will a scholarship help you reach your goals?
- In 2-3 paragraphs, please share additional information that will help the review committee get to know you (accomplishments, volunteer work, obstacles, challenges, etc.).
“Thank you for your generosity, which has allowed me to continue to pursue my education in the field of Human Services. Your scholarship will allow me to continue to help make a difference in the lives of others, especially in my community.”